Welcome to Episode 15 of the E-BusinessOnline Podcast
Host & Speaker: Fred McKinnon
Topic: ASD, SourceDirect, and Prosper Show
Summary: Join Fred McKinnon as he breaks down his takeaways from his trip to Las Vegas to the ASD, SourceDirect, and Prosper Show.
2 Things We Are Asking Every Listener to Consider:
- JOIN OUR MAILING LIST: SEND A TEXT MESSAGE TO 44222 with message: EBOPODCAST
- Visit the Podcast on iTunes and leave a rating and written review (speak my love language, please!)
This past week was my first of many. First time to Las Vegas. First time to the ASD Show. First time to the Prosper Show. First time gambling in a real casino. First time seeing some amazing entertainment that I’d not seen before. First time seeing the Hoover Dam and the Grand Canyon. First time meeting several fellow podcasters and best of all, some fellow EBOers. (EBOers = Followers of the Podcast and Facebook Group!)
The ASD Show (including Source Direct)
ASD (Affordable Shopping Destination) is a gigantic trade show featuring products of all categories. From their website:
ASD Market Week is the most comprehensive B2B trade show that brings the world’s widest variety of retail merchandise together in one efficient shopping experience. The ASD Market Week show floor is filled with quality choices at every wholesale price point buyers could want to find. ASD Market Week is held twice per year in Las Vegas and is truly the wholesale buying event that can’t be missed for any small to large sized retail, distribution, or importing business.ASD Market Week is also home to SourceDirect Trade Show, a component of the show that allows importers, distributors, wholesalers and large retailers to buy wholesale goods directly from overseas. SourceDirect is the destination for buyers looking to source new product categories and find new ways to directly profit from manufacturers coming from more than 14 different countries.
The Prosper Show for Amazon Sellers
- Amazon is not your friend. Doing business on Amazon may be a necessity but it’s like dancing with the devil. They are making constant changes which make things more difficult for 3rd party sellers. Continue to aggressively work your strategy to have your business not fully dependent on Amazon.
- No matter how bad your story may be of things that have happened to you, someone has a worse story.
- Amazon does not discriminate against small sellers versus large sellers. If you break the rules, you will be suspended, even if you are one of the biggest sellers on the platform. Period.
- PPC Strategies: in regards to ACoS, you have to make a decision on what you want it to be based on purpose. A product launch ACoS will be higher. There are times to expect higher ACoS and times to try and break even or be profitable. [This is exactly what I have been discussing in Episode 12, 13, and 14].
- PPC Strategies: every campaign should have an auto target, manual target, and one product per campaign. There should also be an umbrella campaign that covers every product with a much lower CPC to catch any keywords or phrases you missed or removed from the more highly targeted campaigns. (the umbrella concept was new to me)
- Track your changes to PPC! [EBO’ers – have you heard this before?]
- Build your brand by always upselling and increasing AOV.
- To truly grow you have to expand. Constantly search and launch new products.
- Outsourcing: more important than ever. What is my time worth? What am I doing that someone else can do?
I enjoyed the classes and took a small nugget away from everything I attended. Hope this helps!
Did you attend? Would love to hear your thoughts. Comment below.
Facebook Page: we share e-business related news and resources from time to time here
Facebook Group: this is the place to network with other sellers and get your questions answered
Podcast Subscriptions: follow links beneath player
Download the show notes.
If you’re listening on our website, please consider clicking the subscribe links underneath the player to subscribe in iTunes or in Android apps. We’d be honored to hear your comments about this podcast below and your reviews on iTunes.