Welcome to Episode 19 of the E-BusinessOnline Podcast
Host & Speaker: Fred McKinnon
Topic: Reasons to Hire a VA
2 Things We Are Asking Every Listener to Consider:
- JOIN OUR MAILING LIST: SEND A TEXT MESSAGE TO 44222 with message: EBOPODCAST
- Visit the Podcast on iTunes and leave a rating and written review (speak my love language, please!)
Why You Should Consider Hiring a Virtual Assistant (VA) – and How!
In Episode 19 we’re talking about the VALUE OF YOUR TIME and why you may want to consider hiring a Virtual Assistant (VA). Chad Rubin, Founder of Skubana software, recently spoke at the Prosper Show in Vegas and made this statement:
How do you win in ecommerce? Work SMARTER, not HARDER. Learn to work SMARTER than your COMPETITION. Not all work is created EQUAL. ”
(Chad Rubin, Skubana)
This is something that I have known to be true for many years. I recently was forced to really consider the value of my time. A book that I’m reading, “The Four Disciplines of Execution” was paramount in helping me juggle through the impact of my time, the worth of my time, and how to manage the “whirlwind” of life.
In this podcast I’m encouraging you (and your team) to sit down and write a note of all the tasks that you have to accomplish – including the ones you WISH you had time for, but don’t. Some examples from my own, personal list, included:
- screening emails
- doing product research for PL and FBA
- product listing error resolution
- adding or editing images
- social media management
- PPC management
- Google Merchant Center/Shopping management
- editing, optimizing webstores (Shopify, BigCommerce)
- doing FBA and wholesale product research
- restocking FBA inventory
There are so many other things that could come to mind (including posting relevant news about ecommerce to the E-BusinessOnline social media accounts, making show notes, etc.
As yourself this question … or as Chad Rubin said, “take inventory of your hustle”:
- What am I doing that I have NO DESIRE to do?
- What am I doing that I have NO EXPERTISE to do?
- What am I doing that I have NO KNOWLEDGE of?
- (I also like to ask, “what am I doing that is not worthy of the value of my time”.
In other words, if I can pay someone a hourly rate to do something which frees me up to accomplish something at a much higher value, this is where I need to make a change.
SOME PLACES TO HIRE:
There are a number of websites that specialize in helping you find VA’s, including (but not limited to)
THINGS TO KNOW:
- It will take time to build trust
- It’s very important to over-communicate what work you need done
- Send clear examples and tutorials on how the work should be done
- Get a written email work summary so you can check on the progress of training
- Understand that the time invested in training is substantial at first, but can pay huge dividends.
- Some positions are full-time for as low as $3-4/hour which is a very fair wage in their countries.
Facebook Page: we share e-business related news and resources from time to time here
Facebook Group: this is the place to network with other sellers and get your questions answered
Podcast Subscriptions: follow links beneath player
Download the show notes.
If you’re listening on our website, please consider clicking the subscribe links underneath the player to subscribe in iTunes or in Android apps. We’d be honored to hear your comments about this podcast below and your reviews on iTunes.
Interested in having 1-on-1 consulting calls with Fred? See the appointment calendar below: